Thursday, 4 January 2007
Deco and reflection in Ikea
I've had my first tag of 2007 from strwberrydelight inviting me to share secrets. As you know, I mostly am fairly private about my actual real life but in the spirit of giving, and to make up for not being able to send cards and things this christmas here you are.
5 Secrets for the Land of Blog...
1. I come over Miss Eco Green Organic but when I was going to Kate's wedding in Sweden I felt self concious about my darker blonde winter hair so I used Sun In with a hairdryer to make my 'roots' closer to my summer sun lightened longer bits.
2. I can't remember 6 months of my teenage life, at all. It was when I was living with my crazy Aunt. She was pretty psychotic and had tried to kill me, then she sent my dog away. I got very low then and don't remember anything until I went to visit my parents in LA. I didn't want to come back but my brother was so horrible to me that I did - it's harder to be hurt by someone you love (him) than someone you hate (her).
3. When I was at college I had ME (Chronic Fatigue). I was often too tired to get to and from college so I used to hide from the security gaurds and get locked in overnight so I could work late and then sleep through the day. I've always been more of a night person, creatively speaking.
4. When we were kids my brother and I used to sneak out at night. We just loved walking around our town at 3am when no-one was about. But one time the Police saw us and chased us (we were under 10yrs old). The Police station was beside the bridge that we needed to cross to get home, so I had to put him on my back and wade through the river, up to my waist, to get home. Scary but FUN!
5. When I was older, about 14, I used to sneak out and play on the roof of our High School. Gosh, I sound like such a trouble maker! But it was all very innocent, we liked to rollerskate over the 4ft bumps on the roof. We never damaged anything, or bothered anyone.
Goodness, I hope I don't regret mentioning any of that.
If they would like to join in then I would tag Anna at twelve22 and Christine at Vegas and Venice since I'd love to know some of their secrets :0) But Christine, have you a new home yet? I've no access to my email so I can't contact you, but I hope it's all working out OK. Anna on the other hand is already in her new home, and it's super lovely. If you'd like to see it she has some shots on her blog that have cheered me up recently.
sorry guys I just re-read this one week on, it's a bit heavy isn't it, I'll do a lighter one next month for you.