Thursday 1 May 2008

Loosening up


Net experiments 1990-92

I worked out some yoga adaptations to suit my health and my dodgy bones. So far so good. Aching all over from a year of tightening up, but I can feel, under the ache, a loosening up of the muscles (reason for tangled picture above) and a deepening of the breath (reason for picture below, which I've shown before but seems so appropriate just now).


Breath: ceramic tablet (intentionally broken) 1993

I've finally accepted that I simply can't bend and twist in ways that I used to, and it's ok. Even if I only manage 5% of a session it's still beneficial, and at the very least it amuses the cat. He likes it when I'm on the floor, and he can sit above me. Yes Your Feline Highness, you King of all you survey and I prostrate myself at your handsome feet.

6 comments:

jill said...

Ah, acceptance and breath....beautiful. No matter you are you can always breathe and be grateful for it.....thank you.

Modern Hairwork said...

Hi Cally! Good for you for trying! I have been in an ME relapse for the past few weeks and I am in a yoga teacher training program...my teacher had to order me to rest. I started a new blog about yoga practice and being kind to oneself...

http://jppractice.blogspot.com/

Take care,
Jennifer

heather smith jones said...

You are so right cally, any bit you do is helpful. you can do it! I'm proud of you too for trying.
Your cat is proud of you too :)

Nanette said...

Hey there Cally! You and those downward dog poses! Here's hoping it helps.
xx Nan

Cally said...

Thanks all, and special hello to Jennifer and Nanette, and all the new people who've been leaving comments in recent weeks. Jennifer, thanks especially for the link, I'll be sure to visit your blog soon.

lisa solomon said...

sweet cally... it sounds like you are doing exactly what you need to. don't compare to what you could do - just ease into it....

i love your rope stuff. we still have to trade someday!
xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...