Sunday 27 April 2008

Paul Beelen - jewellery


Paul Beelen: Brooch - Untitled 2006. Maple, amethyst, white pearl


Paul Beelen: Brooch - Untitled 2006. Maple, crystal

There is something deeply satisfying about whittling away at a piece of wood, letting the form reveal itself as you work. I think that's what attracts me to the sculptural wooden jewellery of Paul Beelen found via Klimt02. I'll add my wood carvings to the list of 'things I really must photograph and show on my blog one day'.


Paul Beelen: Ring - Untitled 2006. Maple, malachite


Paul Beelen: Ring - Untitled 2006. Maple, jasper

6 comments:

megan said...

These are so beautiful! What a great find!

mansuetude said...

provoking little ideas, these.

marie-louise said...

So interesting and special jewelry - I become very impressed!

Christine Clemmensen said...

wow! these are absolutely stunning. Very very beautiful

Shell said...

Wow, these are gorgeous!

jill said...

thanks for the message...would love to see pics of your area someday! we have cousins in Minigaff (?)

;D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...