Saturday 9 September 2006

France - Metal grate



Isn't this grate lovely. The gutter runs right in front of someone's door and they had this gorgeous grate over it so they can walk in without falling in a wet hole.

Incase anyone is tempted to comment on my tanned feet (they are usually a bluey colour) let me tell you it is all fake. I was walking around thinking "ooh I'm such a nice healthy colour" but the locals in Nice and Cannes were looking at me like "Quelle horreur, I have never seen such a pale creature!". [pardon French spelling, not sure if it's correct and too tired to check]

4 comments:

Susan Schwake said...

adorable. my daughter is the original caucasion and she never gets that dark. lovely grate and tan cally! welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Ahh, I suspect they would say the same about me... as the weather slides into Spring (over here) I can see just who white I am!
Beautiful photo... g

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

it is details like this that make France ever so beautiful, and with that the ability to show off a lady's feet!!

Ruth Singer said...

great grate! You notice the same things as me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...