Wednesday 20 September 2006

Italy in yellows

Most of these were taken in the shadows because the sunny areas were just way too bright, what a delight...













Today has been outrageously un-nice. may I moan a little? I feel the need, but you don't have to read it, you can just look at the sunny photo's...

I have a cold (runny nose, sneezing, cough, bad throat etc.). I have cramp (yes, THAT kind) and all the aches and weepiness that accompany. Blogger continues to take AN AGE to upload each photo (if it does it at all). I injured a calf muscle, both actually, but one is worse. I lost my house keys, my friends house keys and the key for where I cat sit. Something (?) bit me on my inner thigh, not an ideal place to be itchy. The wind ripped the plastic sheeting from my house (for those who are new to my blog I live in a moby and am replacing walls, but no cash for rotten outer wall so it's wrapped in heavy duty plastic - oh the shame). This is bad enough, but they say tomorrow is going to bring 75-mph wind and torrential rain with 4 inches in an hour!!! And to top it all I have to go to work on my day off for health and safety top up training. Boo hoo.

So glad I have sunny yellow photo's to cheer me up, though they haven't taken the sting out of the £59 bill to get the locksmith out to the house of cat sitting, aeee. But I did at least shamelessly flirt with the young locksmith (the power of painkillers to improve one's mood).

Oh, and they have ruined - ahem - 'improved' the flavour of my fave soya yogurt which I bought to cheer myself up, eugh, tastes 'healthy' now. Not that I dislike healthy, but I do like my treats to taste like treats. Fingers crossed Mr.P comes back from town with a chocolate covered Sesame Snap for me tonight. I LOVE choc sesame snaps. They are just the best little snack ever and so easy to pretend they are healthy because of the sesame seeds - we needn't trouble ourselves about the copious quantities of glucose syrup gluing them together.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've shared your gorgeous photos, so you're definitely permitted to offload a little!

I can't offer much that will help but I do have a small suggestion which might make the Blogger photo uploading problem go away. If you open a Flickr account (if you haven't got one already) then you can host the images on Flickr and link to them from your blog - it's really simple, you just cut and paste a little snippet of code.

I manage most of the images on my blog this way, to save using up bandwidth on my server.

It's not a very exciting tip, but maybe it'll be of use and take a bit of stress away!

Cally said...

I actually do have a flickr account but have had probs with it too, it runs a script sometimes that crashes my computer, otherwise my flickr page would be HEAVING with sunny photo's by now. But still working on it. Thanks for supportive response :0)

Anonymous said...

Aw, what a day! This is not the weather to have to be worrying about walls!

Gorgeous photos, hope you get your choc sesame snaps

Ruth Singer said...

lovely photos, rotten day. much sympathy. I had 4 parking tickets last week - sounds like a similar day!

createacraft said...

what a day..
It rains in here too.. torrential rain.. unbelivable..
Iope you get well soon.. and have the sesame snacks.. ( I love them too)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...