Wednesday 22 March 2006

Carved wood and carved wax

I got these lovely flower candles from Habitat, not for me, but I will certainly be enjoying them until it's time to pass them on. They are so cheery.



Of course when I say I got them, I mean that MrP got them. I absolutely could not be trusted to go into Habitat and not spend money I don't have on things I don't need but which I could very easily convince myself I can't live without. I'm sure you know where I'm coming from.

But the truly beautiful things I want can't be bought in High Street shops, they are gems that you only find occasionally in life (unless you have the time and money to hunt them down for your self). Corey's
site Tongue In Cheek fullfills my cravings for beautiful French things. Things with texture, history, detail and style. Old worn things that have a beauty you just don't get in newer pieces until they have lived a while. Things like this armoire!...



If you love things like this as much as me then visit her site because half the joy is in the reading and the story behind the armoire is lovely. As an American woman married to a Frenchman and living in France she has access to and knowledge of things that I could only dream of. And her recent post about a misunderstanding is a hoot!

I first saw her site a few weeks ago and fell in love with this hinge, these carved wooden roses, the ribbon work on this 18thC frame and much much more.


1 comment:

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

How kind of you to say such things! Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...