Sunday 7 October 2007

My work: papercut + the 4 day sketchbook


Drawing from 'The 4 day sketchbook' 1991


Papercut from 'The Growth of Plants' 1991/'92

The 4 day sketchbook was something I did over a long weekend in '91 from which a variety of things developed later over the next year, including my work on 'The Growth of Plants'. I've taken some photo's of the sketchbook, I'd quite like to show the whole thing, if only to remind myself what I can achieve when I go with the flow, but the photo's are a bit crappy, I really must get a 2nd hand scanner.

6 comments:

lisa solomon said...

cally... these are just stunning. yes - scanner and go w/ the flow....

Bibbi said...

Beautiful in a fragile way, what a treasure sketchbook!
Bibbi

Ursula Achten said...

It's beautiful how cutting something away can create two elements: light and shadow at the same time!
You're one creative girl!!!

Francesca said...

oh i love this picture cally.

Anonymous said...

I love paper cutting -these are beautiful please keep going with it you are creating something amazing!!

Anonymous said...

I love these, so delicate and stunning (looks like a lot of work, but really breath-taking).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...