Tuesday 2 October 2007

Yew berry spiral

Miss P. My dodgy right hand still can't make things with pens, scissors or paper, so instead here is some bright red berry art just for 'Yew', hope you had a great day, love...Cally xxx

The sun is so low already that the piece was in the shade but I held a few berries in my hand so you could see how they glow whenthe sunlight shines through them. Warning, yew berries are poisonous, do not eat (though I believe Yew trees are being used in cancer treatment).









10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That colour is beautiful. I'm a city girl so have never seen yew berries before. They look like pink olives!

Camilla Engman said...

so very, berry beautiful!

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful Cally.

Susan Schwake said...

what beautiful color and composition.

Anonymous said...

okay, now I'm on a mission to find those berries!
linking you...
love.

Anonymous said...

p.s....you have to check out my scott-o-phile cousin's new blog:
www.brickmanblog.typepad.com
she's totally into these bagpipe/scottish fests in california (you'll love her!)

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful aren't they? Beautiful but deadly.

Anonymous said...

Not quite sure how I got here, but since I am passing I thought I would say hello from another Scottish Cally. I love your spiralling berries.

Anonymous said...

Hello gorgeous Cally, thank you SO MUCH for the beautiful berry pics. I LOVE them. You always know how to make things look super duper and tres arty! Isn't it a shame you can't eat them coz they look ever so tasty! Anyway, love ya loads xxxx

Ursula Achten said...

As far as I know, you may eat the beautiful fruity red outside. Only the seed inside is poison.
I remember, on my wedding-day, a friend (who is a gardener) wanted to prove me, that it's possible and ate loads....But don't ask me like they taste..I didn't dare trying ;)

Cally, your photos are super!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...