Thursday 13 March 2008

My work - net experiments 1990-92

Once I they were covered in cat hair from the blanket I became less precious about some of my old net pieces...


Thanks for the encouraging words on that last post. I've been really wanting to visit you all on your blogs but things have been hectic here trying to get ready for my week away, which begins today. I'm supposed to be getting up in 3hrs, but it looks like I'm not even going to get to bed. My brother couldn't fit a tripod in his luggage so I'm ditching 1/3 of my packing to take one in mine - it's the least I can do since he's paying for my trip. I warned him that it means I'll look really scuzzy (having to leave behind nice clothes) to which he responded "that's ok, I'm used to that". Well, really! But it's true.

The weather is calming a little for travelling, what a relief. We are quite high up and don't have the protection of any high buildings or trees, and what trees there are were bending over like palm trees in a hurricane, except it was gale force sleet/hail that was hitting them. The noise was SO loud, like steel balls hitting the fragile shell of the mobile home. We're not used to this kind of weather here Last week there was an earthquake in England, big enough to be felt in Scotland. Crazy crazy weather. It can change in as little as 4 minutes, becoming a beautiful bright sunny day... then flip again just as fast.

I hope to blog a little while I'm gone, a bit of a 'guess where I am' thing, but I don't know if I'll have time to get on a computer, if I'm not on the road I'll most likely be trying to get some rest, I'm already exhausted and just trying to get ready. Fingers crossed the adrenalin gets me through. I hope you all have a brilliant week!

11 comments:

miss milki said...

I can't sleep either... So here I am on tinternet!
I'm loving your net photos. The white on white with the light and shadows are wonderful.
And I really really hope you have a great holiday. You totally deserve it! I'll have my fingers crossed that you have enough energy to do everything you want to and that it might even be relaxing and rejuvenating! I kinda hope you're going somewhere sunny and warm cos thats what I'd love right now with all the horrible weather recently - and its been even worse in Scotland so I think its what you'd like too. Either way...HAve lots and lots of fun! Can't wait to hear all about it!

deedeen said...

Enjoy your holidays Cally!!!

Anonymous said...

I really like your net experiments Cally. I hope you'll have a lovely holiday and some calm weather after all these storms we've been having.

Susan Schwake said...

ah happy trails cally... you can always sleep when you get there! it's vacation after all. have fun!
susan

heather smith jones said...

Cally,
your sweet kitty looks like one of my kittys :)

I hope you'll share about your travels when you return, if we don't see you before that. Have a great time, and enjoy each moment. vacation, hooray!!

Andrea Tachezy said...

Dear Cally, have a wonderful trip, enjoy and come back with a lot of photographs :-)

Amanda said...

Your nets may be covered in cat hair, but I can't believe your cat is sitting quietly by and not pawing at that net. Mine would be going crazy. Have a wonderful trip!

Heather Moore said...

Youre already away, so won't get this til you're back probably, but I hope you have a great trip.

jill said...

Your site is beautiful as are those amazing nets! I've never seen anything like it, and photographed so beautifully.

mansuetude said...

enjoy ... in joy.

Anonymous said...

This piece of netting is so beautiful, I'm so excited for your trip.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...