Wednesday 2 April 2008

Beautifully wrapped...





Mr P forgot that he had saved lots of post for me while I was away, one of them was a most exciting package from Daphne filled to the brim with treasures and treats of every kind. As you can see, I had to photograph the packaging before even opening them, the entire box of goodies was exquisitely wrapped with a huge variety of hand stamped papers, all of which will be kept, many of which will be framed or used in collages in the future. Poor Mr P was on the phone when I opend the box and had to try and hear over the sound of increasingly high pitched gasps and ooh's. Daphne knows exactly the kind of things that put a huge smile on my face - thank you madam!

I forgot to update on a few things. The trellis is back, and without neighbourly wars. There's a new fence in Mr P's garden replacing the one the gales smashed. The first lambs were born in the nearby farm at the weekend... and today they were skipping in the surprise sunshine, with daffodils smiling nearby. And lastly, I have reduced the migraine to a general tension headache by chopping off 1/3 of my hair! Sounds extreme but I hadn't cut it in months and it was down at my bum again.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are most welcome Milady! Always nice to hear one's efforts are 'ooh' inducing!
I hope the liquorice wasn't 'bleurgh' inducing...:)
XD

Andrea Tachezy said...

The package looks great from outside and I belive, that inside it was much more interesting. It is nice to get letters and packages, isn´t it much better than emails? Sometimes I really miss it.
Sounds like a lot of new things around you...
Good recipe how to reduce migraine - I will tell it to my daughter :-))

Andrea Tachezy said...

Dear Cally, an award is waiting for you on my blog :-)

marie-louise said...

Which wonderful packets. And I can see the small blue rabbit and I know that you like this animal very much, it is sweet. Delicate composition!

jill said...

Your photos are so yummy, I have to say it again! thanks for stopping by, your opinion is quite valued by me...

looked at your profile and I love it that you mention the Patrick O'Brian novels!!!!! I'm on my 2nd read-through! (last one 10 yrs ago) I also love that you're from Scotland, my father in law is from there, just wish I could hear your accent!

Hope you enjoyed your time in California! Looking forward to seeing more of what you do!

Jill

Anonymous said...

Ooh, beautiful packaging (I would be oohing and ahhing too :)) - Hope things are well with you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...