Sunday 6 April 2008

Interesting cuts and links

Here's a treat, an entirely new post, not one that's been sitting in my drafts for over a year! I was doing my usual search for new and lovely papercuts to show you (even though I have a backlog of them still un-shown, but I never let that stop me looking for more) and came across the blog All Things Bright And Beautiful which among has enough links to keep me busy for years! The one that I beamed at most was this post showing intricate red Chinese papercutting in a new context (which she found via Wooow...yk.celine)...


Vogue China: Oct 2006 featuring Model Mo Wan Dan
Photographer: Juan Zi. See article pages on Asian Models


That same post also showed (on recommendation by Celine) the papercuts of Wu Geng Zhen (I've written his name as he writes on flickr and his website). She included this link to read more about him and a link to Taishin Bank where his work is exhibited . His Flickr site lived up to the hype showing really incredible images of huge cuts and a stunning exhibition. A really nice place to explore showing several different types of work. I did some more searching and found him here on db-db.com which seems to be a bit like myspace.


Wu Geng Zhen working on a large papercut 2007


Exhibition shot taken Feb 2008 on Wu Geng Zhen's Flickr


Exhibition shot taken Jan 2008 on Wu Geng Zhen's Flickr

When I followed the link to Celine's original post about the Vogue photo's she was showing more delights in the form of amazing cut leather work by Ginta Siceva ...


Ginta Siceva: Necklace 1, Spring/Summer 2008 Collection


Ginta Siceva: Necklace 12, Spring/Summer 2008 Collection


Ginta Siceva: Brooch

Phew, that was hard work for my addled brain to get all the links right (I hope they are right). I used to find it so easy but M.E. makes even the simplest tasks much more of a challenge. I think it was worth taking a whole day to do (I kid you not). I'm really pleased that these new (to me) blogs have given me some lovely things to show you plus lots more links and posts for me to discover on sleepless nights, thanks ladies!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing work, this is such an informative and inspiring entry - thanks for getting it altogether.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful.

mansuetude said...

cally, thank you ... i love his flicker site, too. This color feels so good right now. delicate, but power soaked.

Amy said...

Thank you for the link to the wonderful website -- I now officially have too many on my list, haha! Would you look at those super fine cuts? They're beautiful!

sulu-design said...

Oh, this post is right up my alley - thanks so much for all of the great info and links!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely amazing! I love this post. It is so inspirational. All the detail in paper-cutting is truely fascinating. It is wonderful to see this. Thanks.

Maureen Reynolds said...

Holy Cow! what infinite patience. Just an amazing twist on papercuts.

blah said...

Dear C - I am so glad you enjoyed the post :-) and thanks so much for the mention! I shall head off to DB - to have a look at more of Wu's work :-) take care

F

tiel said...

wow, that is amazing, such detail.

yk.celine said...

Hello
So nice to see my posting has became a part of your blog!
You have a very pretty blog and I love it!
I'm going to put your blog on my link roll
Have a nice day!
Celine

TIG said...

Love your addition of the leather work to this post!

Heather Moore said...

Gasp! Huge paper cuts! A dream for me. One day, when everything's not such a rush...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...