Thursday 3 April 2008

Tiny Buildings


Tiny Buildings: Post Office Blue, 1976

I was doing a search for stuff related to my mobile home eco-renovation, but what google showed me was a wonderful blog called Tiny Buildings. A place documenting the work of Sharon and her late husband James, who in the 70's began making "
tiny buildings crafted from business cards, packaging and other nice papers." read the lovely story of how she started here. Sharon continues to make them today and they are the most delightful and personal creative recycling I have seen.


Tiny Buildings: Wedding Chapel Three, Maryland 2007


Tiny Buildings: Hiltl Cottages, Zurich 2005

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I love these. I have tons of old business cards due to design changes and job title change, maybe I could actually do something creative with them!

Fine Little Day said...

Oh, I like this :)

Ulla said...

These are adorable! How is your renovation coming???

Cally said...

hey ulla-
renovation off the cards till the M.E is better, i'm gagging to get in there and get it done, but the silver lining is that the longer it takes, the more the price of eco friendly building option comes down - yey! And solar technology has changed so much since i stopped that they now make it wafer thin, even in paint format - nifty! It'll all work out in the end.

Anonymous said...

They are wonderful aren't they? (on my list of things to blog)

Esti said...

things like these make me smile everyday. Thanks for posting it.

julie said...

these are wonderful cally. I will follow the link to find out more! xx

Katrina said...

absolutely adorable. thanks for stopping my blog & have fun experimenting with TtVs. (nice to meet you here.)

asphalt and air said...

love these little houses!
if you ever go to Zurich, you must eat at Hiltl. it's an excellent veggie restaurant - one of my favorites!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...