Monday 12 June 2006

boat seat & cut silk



Still no joy getting my computer to work so only a very quick little post, just to keep me linked to this bloggy place, I can't save anything just now so I'm dipping into archives for nice images.

I love this bed/seating boat which was featured in a Scottish Interiors magazine a few years ago (maybe Scottish Homes & Interiors). I think it is totally wonderful, this is exactly the kind of found and reworked furniture that I would gladly have all over my home if I lived in a warehouse with LOTS of space. It's a long time since I read about this but I think the house may be in Fife, Scotland and may be a converted disused cinema with a view of the sea!

The piece below is antique silk embroidery and cutwork. I really enjoy doing this kind of work but I never have the patience to get this level of quality and finish, I'm a girl who always has threads hanging everywhere, but I love thready things so I have no great desire to be more perfectionist about it, though if I make things for others I do tend to clean things up and tie them off a bit more (which reminds me, Nikki, did the package arrive yet? Lots of threads there for Mouse's pleasure).



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Cally this is gorgeous! I am missing you and look forward to your return!!

Shari Sherman said...

I love the boat seat. How magical!

Anonymous said...

Hoorah! Nice to have a little bit of Cally back. And loving the embroidery...

Pxx

Susan Schwake said...

missing you here too... love the boat image and imagining just HOW one does the cut work. truly amazing.

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't that be a dream - to have a rustic blue boat "floating" in the living room? Could we hear the crashing waves and smell the salty sea from that bed? Imagine the dreams at night?

Anonymous said...

CALLY, DREAMY POSTS! LOVE THE BOAT ESPECIALLY!!!

Anonymous said...

Hooray, I'm glad to see your mac is holding on for more beautiful posts!
I hope it makes a miraculous recovery and you can go back to your normal bunch of posts day (It's like eating your 5 a day... Keeping everybody nourished with inspiring stuff!)
Any news on degree shows and meets?

Tracy said...

all gorgeous!

Fiona said...

I adore the texture of weathered wood! That is a fab boat seat thingy. May have to kidnap one from our local beach that nshwinis in the right state of deterioration!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...