Sunday 1 April 2007

Havana dreams



Scenes of perfection like these are the reason I have always wanted to go to Havana.
Photo's by Luiz Alberto on Flickr.



They say it could dip to -2 degrees tonight, hard to imagine while the glorious sun is still shines. I bit the bullet and hauled my ass round to my house to tackle the stove, which was in need of a really good clean, you're meant to do it every three days of use. I'd not been well enough to do for nearly 2 weeks, so it was great to have the sun shine through the window in such an encouraging way.

The side effect of all that light was beeing able to see clearly the layer of micro fine ash dust that is enveloping everything within 10ft of the stove.
I will have to construct some sort of circular shower curtain arrangement that I can whip around me whenever I clean the stove, so at least the black dust is contained in a small area. Unconventional, maybe, but practical. Actually, since I only use the stove in winter, maybe I can use my red velvet curtains (with inner lining that can be washed easily) and then the stove can really be elevated to the royal and theatrical level it tends to embody when it is firing up on a cold night. Hmm, perhaps.

But anyway, the sun was nice, especially as the other day it was so misty, the sun tried to shine through but never managed to burn of the haze...




And for no reason other than I took a photo of it recently, the carving on a bench we sit on when we are near my old house...



4 comments:

Susan Schwake said...

a smile came to my face when reading this cally... the red curtain surrounding your stove seems very appropriate! i love the carving on the bench...

Stace said...

I would like to talk with you about being featured in an upcoming Stampington publication. Would you please email me at sdumoski@stampington.com? Thank you!

lisa solomon said...

good luck fighting that dust!! :)

lovely images today....

Anonymous said...

I love the Havana photos, the turquoise, cracked walls have me dreaming of far away lands. Love your hazy sun photo too! It'd be funny to be a fly on the wall to see you circling yourself with shower curtains while cleaning your stove :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...