Friday 6 April 2007

Not quite a holiday




I had deeply hoped to be going to sleep near here last night.
And then waking up here...





Cramps dictated otherwise, which is a real shame, but I intend to have a quiet time anyway with books, films food, no computer and hopefully some animal visitors...




Spring Magnolia just before the sun disappeared behind the hill for the night.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend wherever you are. I'm going to have a mini blog break so I can at least pretend to myself I'm away, can you believe I've not had an actual not visiting people holiday for at least 4 years!

That's why I was so keen to go camping. Every bit of holiday time I've had from work over the 4 years has been used up visiting friends and family, which is lovely, but not the same as having time to yourself and freedom to just do whatever takes your fancy in the moment, to eat and sleep at any time and to change plans without having to run it by someone else first.

Can't wait for the next few days to pass, cramps to go, meetings to finish and then, a bit of social life! I'll be going to meet Daphne for a picnic in town
, weather permitting. I'll be taking my camera with me, Daphne is a great photo buddy, she's more than happy to spend time off the beaten track having a gentle adventure and taking pics of random things. Remember our day in town last year, we had a real day of finding colours we love (blues for me, yellows for her). Here are a few of the photo's I never quite got round to posting last time...





Have a great weekend folks, don't eat too many eggs, as tempting as it may be!

9 comments:

Susan Schwake said...

happy mini break ms. cally... the sunshine shores look so inviting!
rest up and feel wonderful soon.
ah the blue of it all!
xo
susan

Anonymous said...

Cally, that beach look wonderful and the white magnolia *sigh. Sorry you are not feeling well, but hope that you get time to yourself and enjoying nature. Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

Cally,
Sometimes we are called to simply "Be." Relaxing and refueling in our own little habitats. I am soooo sick right now(bad cold), and I know, I have ten million things I think I need to do.. But, my body tells me, stop... Breath, sleep, vitamins...And more sleep....All of which I am not really doing and must....xxo,Vanessa

Janet said...

Oh, the photos here are so lovely ~ I hope you have a wonderful break. I look forward to seeing what you bring back.

lisa solomon said...

so sorry about the cramps....

but great photos... and good for you [a little break is always good, no?]

julie said...

Hope youre feeling better Cally...Happy Easter!!

(Just catching up on all of your posts which i have been saving up :) )

Marraine said...

Hope it's going you better...
How wonderful is your magnolia's picture!

amisha said...

i hope you are feeling better cally... i know that need to have a holiday that is 'you-time', relaxing and recharging... hope you've had a bit of it!

Cally said...

Hi gals,
I got time to read, and while I still really really need a proper break, at least I had a little break from normality, so that was nice. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...