Tuesday 18 April 2006

Plaisir du Chocolat

So much gardening so little time. And on that note a very quick part one post of Anna's visit. I'm doing it the wrong way round really but we ended up at Plaisir du Chocolat. Here's a detail of chocolate logo on a small tarte...



They sell delightfully tempting chocolates like these Sologne chocs which have blossom and birds on them...



The cafe and had a bewildering array of hot chocolates to choose from, these people really do know their choc. As it was a chilly day we both opted for a spicy one. It was served from one big old metal teapot, you know, the kind with a nice wiggly old fashioned spout. So tasty too, I forgot take a snap! See the nice wroucht (cast?) iron table as well...



Clearly this is the face of a woman who has already had a decadent rich hot chocolate and is now contemplating the purchase of cake and chocolates to take home with her!...



*note, this is the lovely Anna, not me

Ok, that's part one, more to follow but I can't promise when, this gardening lark is fairly time consuming when it's been left so late. But Spring is really here today. The sun is shining, the Blue Tits have moved into my birdbox, the Camelia and Magnolia both BURST into flower today and the bees are buzzing around the rosemary. Heavenly. Now we just need to get rid of that cold wind.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh is that you Cally??? So wonderful to put a face to the posts... I adore chocolate too, and those fancy ones look oh so yummy! Happy Spring!!!!

Robin said...

Oh, that chocolate looks sooo good. Easter just spoils me for the amount of chocolate I think I should eat each day :) Your garden sounds beautiful - the place to be on a sunny day. And Anna looks lovely (as well). I look forward to hearing more about your adventures.

Anastasia said...

That chocolate shop/cafe looks a treat!! Tea infused chocolate??? Yummy!!!

Anonymous said...

I think I'll have those chocolates on display! They look like coasters or tiles. Too lovely to eat :)

Anonymous said...

oh i love that place! the hot chocolate/tea menu truly is incredible. so nice that you went there on your lovely day out :)

Rose Garden Romantic said...

YUMMM!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...