Tuesday 4 April 2006

SPT & Surprise from Alicia

Look what came in the mail today!...



A person can get quite giddy receiving a blue tissue package tied with red and white candy stripes with a POSIE sticker on it! I very very carefully unwrapped it, (it was wrapped with the niftyest folds in the tissue) and inside was a much admired from afar and now UP CLOSE canvas 'thank you' collage from the heavenly angel herself, Alicia. Oh Thank you thank you Alicia. You know you were not supposed to send me anything in return but I am loving it and appreciating it hugely all the little details and beautiful fabrics and papers. The cat liked it too, I think he could smell Portland felines.

Here is a snippet of my gift on a mirror doubling as my Self Portrait Tuesday pic
ture, it seems appropriate as it has the letter 'C' on it and many things that represent me quite well though it doesn't fit with the April Fool theme for this month...



You can see the full piece here.
See, I am finally using my Flickr page to hold pictures. I decided rather than show the whole thing I'd encourage you over there and that would give me an incentive to use it more often.

I've got a million things to do tomorrow so I'll be having a computer free day, or at least trying to. One of the things I'll be doing is finding out what new arty/crafty shops and exhibitions have come to Edinburgh since my last proper trip to town because I am having my first blog meet on Saturday, would you believe Anna of twelve22 is flying up from London for the day, how fancy is that! See here she has made more chirpy birds that you can buy here to encourage spring to arrive...



Of course I realise it's partly the only way she can stop herself from baking things, ha ha. When the rest of the world is trying to cut back on cigarettes, TV and sugar Anna has a baking addiction to deal with. I'm so much looking forward to meeting her in person, though I think I may feel OLD.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are very welcome, lovey.

Robin said...

How wonderful, Cally! Two presents - a beautiful collage from Alicia and a visit from Anna! Alicia is a doll and Anna is super sweet (I have a few of those bird prints). I hope you two have a wonderful visit!

angela said...

oh what a lovely surprise to discover...

alicia is such a gem. a beautiful soul and a rosy little thing herself.

enjoy... because you so deserve the kindness and generousity!

and a day from london to visit you sounds lovely posh. exciting. i'm sure the two of you will have an amazing day.

i've often been to ireland and england, haven't made it up to scotland yet. but i would love to get there one of these days.

more things to place on the wish list of mine.

oxo

Anonymous said...

how lovely! that must have been such a wonderful surprise.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...