Saturday 4 November 2006

Organic Purple Veg



Another beautiful crispy sunny day. [out of date post, blogger has not been working for 2 days, but I still think it is great for a free service]
I walked down to Damhead to get some tea's and ginger cordial and came back with lots of purple veg and a wheat free Lemon Cake made by The Village Bakery Melmerby. If you've never tried their range before then I can HIGHLY recommend them, they are exceptionally high quality, tasty, award winning organic products but be warned, very more-ish indeed.

I realise the Lemon cake was an error but it was in the half price basket at the till and I kept seeing it trying to catch my eye with it's wheat free label as the girl weighed my veg. But I can't blame the cake, I knew fine well that those cakes taste INCREDIBLE partly because they are full of sugar. Let's just say I'm feeling a little queazy now, and ashamed of my lack of will power.

I will, however, be stocking up on their gluten free mince pies and ginger cake over the Christmas hols (what hols? I have to work on Christmas Eve). But for now lets enjoy more of the veg, it's even nicer sliced....




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...