Friday 24 August 2007

Sun and smoothies



The sun is shining in Mr P's kitchen window for a 3rd day and they say it will last all weekend! Outside the window is a large Buddleia, usually teaming with butterflies. Due to the soaking summer only one butterfly seems to have survived. I hope it finds a girlfriend so there'll be more next year.

Another flood related loss seems to be carrots, which may explain the sudden and mysterious disappearance of the tastiest new-ish drink by those wonderful folks at Innocent.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Innocent Smoothies and drinks. Not that I can afford them, but I use a little to pep up my own blends so I get more variety into them and don't get bored and go over to the dark side (chocolate). Their carroty drink was the best shop bought fruit/veg drink I've ever tasted, so sweet and refreshing. We bought it twice and have never seen it since. Till the next crop of carrots I'm enjoying Innocent Superfoods - Natural Detox which we tried when K was staying. It's yummy. Now I realise they are not organic, but they are a good company, I like how they work and I hope that as they grow they will add organic to the range. This page shows what their packaging is made from and how to recycle it. And they don't air freight their fruit.

I took a load of photo's in Edinburgh recently that I forgot about till yesterday, these were among them, taken on a cloudy evening. Imagine how bright this looks on a sunny day...





I may or may not blog over the weekend, I'm planning to get a lot done while we have no rain (so much DIY has been delayed it's scary). Goodness knows what state my muscles will be by Monday (Camilla, I never did have that bath, I was too tired to even move). For those sharing our weather, enjoy it as much as you can, even if it's just letting the light and fresh air into your home.

2 comments:

Camilla said...

Maybe you should start running a bath now? I love those blue photos by the way.

Suzy ~ lorenzstudio said...

Although I don't comment very often, I appreciate your photography more and more every day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...